A LAST MINUTE NEW YEAR’S MONSTER

Good morning! Not that my bloggish absenteeism allows room for anything but penitence, but... I did make a New Year's Monster for you. And a truthful one at that. I hope you'll enjoy it!It's my first HD Monster. I made it in full 1080p, but only managed to get it compressed to 720p. Check it out full-screen by clicking on the button with the four arrows in the bottom right corner. It's pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself.

Much more to come in 2011! (Such a backlog of unposted goodies... sigh!) For now, I hope you'll have an amazing New Years' Eve, and that the coming year will bring you endless inspiration, god health, and the company of like minds! If I haven't made it clear so far: 344 LOVES YOU

• Matthew
    31 December 2010 9:11 am

😀 i liked that one.

• 31 December 2010 1:35 pm

Thank you very much, Matthew! See you at next year's CTN Expo!

• 31 December 2010 5:40 pm

Happy New Year, Monster man. *S*
    Nice to see you again.

• 31 December 2010 6:33 pm

Tell the monsters all happy new year for me!

• Angela
    13 May 2011 8:57 pm

I am an Elementary Art teacher and for an end of the year project with my 5th grade students, we watched The Daily Monster and began blowing ink using straws from our cafeteria. My students are having a ball! Thank you for inspiring us with your amazing artwork and for being the catalyst to some exciting imaginative thought!

• 17 May 2011 7:48 pm

Thank you so much for that comment, Angela! How cool! I’m glad your class is having fun with the Monsters! Send some pictures. I’d love to see. :^)

• Lukas Seeger (germany)
    11 November 2011 1:01 am

I look at a Graphik-Book and found your Monster book. I see it and love it! YOU HAVE 1 NEW FOLLOWER!!! ME!!! 😀
    Would you write a book –Y How create and what pencil you yuse? its very interesting…
    Hope ou enjoy your work many years..
    Lukas Seeger (15)

• 13 November 2011 9:04 pm

Hallo Lukas! Dank Dir für die lieben Grüße! Schön, daß Du die Monster
    gefunden hast. Ich benutze Faber-Castell PITT Artist Stifte, Prismacolor
    Premier Stifte, Staedtler pigment liners, Tombow ABT Stifte, Sharpies und
    Yasutomo Sumi Tinte. Der Trick mit der Tinte ist viel Luft durch einen
    dünnen Strohhalm. Alles auf billigem Kopierpapier. :^)

• 17 January 2012 8:38 am

Hi Stefan, I just found your site and I LOVE IT! How fun is this?! LOTS OF FUN and brilliant! I am certainly going to be making some of my own monsters and share the idea not only with my children, but I have a lot of friends that are teachers as well. I too was wondering after looking over your site and watching several vidios what type of markers you use. Now I see the comment above from you. Which one do you use to fill in the larger black spaces? Thanks for sharing your talents and creativity!

• 17 January 2012 11:31 pm

Thank you very much for your kind words, Nina! I'm glad you found the
    Monsters! For the larger areas I use a wedge tip Sharpie in combination with
    a B-nib Artist Pen by Faber-Castell.
    As for the sharing of the creativity, it's my pleasure. I hope you and your
    kids and your friends have fun making your own creatures! :^)

• 19 January 2012 12:46 am

Good day and welcome to check: http://www.joyfax.com

• cate
    22 July 2013 11:46 am

That one was reALLY COOL! YOUR A GREAT ARTIST!!!!!1!!